Friday, September 21, 2007

OH. MY. GOD.



I just consumed an entire pizza from one of the best pizzerias in the world... partially in a cab, partially on a ferry... and entirely with my hands. Hahaha.

I was in a rush to catch a ferry so I forgot to ask for a knife and fork, which is kind of sad because by the time I got the chance to sit down on the ferry and actually EAT the damn thing (the cabbie was being all anal about not getting oil on the seat... doesn't he UNDERSTAND the urgency?!?!?), it was basically cold. But don't you think for a second that that was gonna stop me from eating it... all... from a box in my lap... with my hands... in public. Pshh. Good thing it only cost €4.50, because I have a feeling I am going to be freakin' impoverished after this trip.

So about that pizza...
The sauce was probably the best part. PERFECT. I don't think I've ever had a better sauce. I can't even think of an accurate way to describe it, other than that it tasted crystal clear - like pure, untainted tomato. Sweet and tangy so that it made those glands by your jawline tingle. Heaven. The crust was pretty dreamy too. So chewy and tender - kind of a problem when it came to tearing pieces off with my bare hands, but once it hit my tongue I didn't give a crap how barbaric I looked. I was experiencing euphoria, ok?? Give a girl a break. it was hard to judge the cheese since I didn't really get around to it until it had kind of coagulated a little, but I did score one hot, perfect bite in the cab when the driver wasn't looking, and from that I can say that doppia mozzarella is the only way to go. Gimme cheese, baby, gimme cheeeeese!!!! Ok, time to spruce myself up a little and get ready to take in some serious beauty. Ciao ciao!

No comments: