Friday, October 5, 2007

cabbie love.



What a fun night. It was one of those nights when I didn't have too much homework and just sorta felt like not sitting in my room all night, so I went over to the boy's apartment (which they call "The Spot"... go figure) to chill for a little bit and hang out with the random assortment of 20+ who are always there no matter what day of the week it is. This is always the kind of situation where I end up re-connecting with people that I never run into at school but had made friends with at some point, and usually some random kind of travel plan comes out of it. But this time instead me and Danny got to talking and in passing he mentioned that he and dumpy girl Tamar had "broken up" the weekend before... and so the plot thickens. I mean, not really. haha. But still. At least now I can pseudo-flirt without feeling like an evil homewrecker. (But who knows if that will kill all the fun...)

Anyway, I didn't feel like going home at that point but I do have a field trip at the asscrack of dawn tomorrow, so I decided to walk downtown with everyone and go dancing for a bit (I mean... this is my exercise, people), which was fun/mildly ridiculous, but I got tired early and sort of knew that the price I would pay for going out on a night that I kind of shouldn't have was not having anyone to walk home with, which was indeed the case. So I said fuck it and called myself a cab and ended up having the funnest cab driver ever. We rapid-fired in Italian the whole way back to my house and even though it was past the designated "sconto per le ragazze singole" time (from 9pm-2am single women traveling alone get some sort of discount which I don't even know how much it is because I never manage to get a cab before two), he still gave me the discount because we were tight like that. Fo sho. Ok but now I need to go to sleep. Domani a Siena! Whee!!

No comments: